Aston, PA, June 24, 2010— Sensaphone® has announced the availability of its SCADA 3000 Monitoring System, a comprehensive solution for the demanding conditions that need to be monitored at oil and natural gas sites.
Remote oil and natural gas equipment have distinct and critical monitoring requirements. The Sensaphone SCADA 3000 is uniquely designed for monitoring and alerting changes to a wide variety of conditions in equipment operating in remote locations.
“Designed to meet the needs of oil and natural gas remote site monitoring, the SCADA 3000 offers flexible communication options that allow the system to constantly communicate with a host PC through standard data radio, ordinary telephone lines, or a mix of both,” explained Dave DeFusco, Vice President of Engineering at Sensaphone.
- Sensaphone’s SCADA 3000 - an advanced system in the Sensaphone industrial line - offers an advanced, comprehensive solution to all your control, alarm, and data-logging needs.
- Sensaphone SCADA 3000 offers built-in alarm notification to call users using their own pre-recorded voice messages to alert to the situation, or contact users with alarm reports via text messages, fax, or e-mail. Users can alarm up to 64 events from any input, output variable, or value that has a UAF.
- Sensaphone SCADA 3000 offers powerful programming options, including Ladder, C-Programming, remote access programming. The system’s Ladder Editor uses standard Ladder elements and instructions (the preferred language for control functions), and its C-Program Editor allows for sophisticated control programming, and users can run the C-program synchronously or asynchronously with the Ladder program. In addition,
- Sensaphone SCADA 3000 has eight built-in programmable PID control algorithms that allow the system to operate as a feedback controller. Also, Sensaphone SCADA 3000’s built-in data logging can store up to 50,000 samples from up to 128 input/output (I/O) points or system variables (UAFs), date and time stamp, and query multiple units and display the information in grid format.
- Sensaphone SCADA 3000 delivers security by providing flexible power sources—intelligent battery charging, safe battery cut-off, and even built-in support for solar power. Each Sensaphone SCADA 3000 also includes 16 universal inputs and eight relay outputs, but the system can grow as the needs of the application grow; it expands up to 144 I/O points by simply adding expansion modules. Each expansion module can add more universal inputs, pulse count inputs, thermocouple inputs, relay outputs, or analog outputs. The Sensaphone SCADA 3000 system also provides a Real-Time Screen Builder to create a custom screen using standard graphical representations of your processes to show the real-time status of I/O values and process variables.
“For the oil and natural gas industry the SCADA 3000 offers assurance that equipment is up and running and that there are no issues or failures requiring attention,” noted DeFusco. “If you are worried about downtime or problems at a remote site, the SCADA 3000 offers an advanced, comprehensive solution for all your control, alarm, and data-logging needs.”
More information about the SCADA 3000 is available on the Sensaphone website at http://www.sensaphone.com/products/sensaphone-scada-3000-monitoring-system.php