- What does the Sensaphone say when it makes a call?
- How many telephone numbers can it call?
- Can it call my cell phone?
- How long will it run on batteries?
- Can I call the Sensaphone and get a status report?
- How many inputs does it have?
- Can I customize the voice messages when it calls me?
- Can I use an external microphone to listen over the telephone?
- What is the temperature range it can measure/monitor?
- What if I don’t have a telephone line? Can I still use the Sensaphone 1400?
- Can I program the unit remotely?
- Can it be configured to call-out silently?
What does the Sensaphone say when it makes a call?The system will recite its telephone number followed by the recorded system identification message, then a custom zone alarm message. It will also allow you to listen-in through an optional external microphone to hear what is happening. At the end of the message you will be asked to acknowledge the alarm using a touch tone code.
How many telephone numbers can it call?The Sensaphone 1400 can dial up to eight telephone numbers when an alarm occurs. The unit will continue to cycle through the numbers until the alarm is acknowledged or until it reaches the programmed maximum call attempts.
Can it call my cell phone?Yes. The Sensaphone can call home phones, cell phones, office phones, office extensions, etc…
How long will it run on batteries?The unit contains a rechargeable sealed lead-acid battery for uninterrupted backup power and several years of service life.
Can I call the Sensaphone and get a status report?Yes. You can call the Sensaphone at any time and it will recite a status report of all monitored conditions. You can hear a sample status report by dialing our demo unit at (610)558-4591.
How many inputs does it have?The Sensaphone 1400 has four inputs that can be used with 2.8K temperature sensors, any Normally Open/Normally Closed dry contact or any sensor with a 4-20mA output.
Can I customize the voice messages when it calls me?Yes. The Sensaphone 1400 allows you to record a separate message for each of the zone inputs as well as a system identification message.
Can I use an external microphone to listen over the telephone?Yes. You can call the unit at any time and listen to what’s happening onsite as long as you have an external microphone attached. Sensaphone part # FGD-0057
What is the temperature range it can measure/monitor?The Sensaphone 1400 can measure temperatures from -109° to -168°F | -85° to -76°C. A variety of temperature sensors are available for almost any application.
What if I don’t have a telephone line? Can I still use the Sensaphone 1400?Yes. Both AT&T and Verizon offer inexpensive (usually FREE) devices to allow you to connect a Sensaphone to the cellular network. Simply search for “Verizon wireless home phone“ or “AT&T wireless home phone”.
Can I program the unit remotely?Yes. There are a number of programming options that can be done over the telephone using touch tones. See the list below: • Enable and disable sensor inputs
• Set alarm limits
• Program telephone numbers
• Record voice messages
• Switch the output on or off
• Activate the microphone to listen-in