ASTON, Pa., March 27, 2023 – Sensaphone provides NIST traceable calibration temperature sensors to help customers who are responsible for storing vaccines, pharmaceuticals, medical specimens and other valuable cold inventory. These certified sensors are crucial for facilities that must maintain an audit trail of the temperature at which their medical inventory is stored. Certification is mandatory for hospitals, biopharmaceutical companies, research labs, healthcare clinics, blood and tissue banks, pharmacies and other facilities that store medical products and samples.
The certificate confirms that a sensor is traceable to the standards provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is a U.S. Commerce Department agency. All equipment that Sensaphone uses to validate NIST traceable certificates is also NIST traceable.
The NIST traceable calibration certificates include crucial information such as serial number, test points and the specific test date of each unit. Traceable calibration certificates ensure that a laboratory or manufacturer can calibrate equipment to NIST standards and that the products offered by that manufacturer meet the NIST-maintained measurement criteria.
Sensaphone Temperature Sensors with NIST Traceable Calibration Certificates:
- 2.8K Weatherproof Temperature Sensor measures temperature from -20 °F to 176 °F | -28 °C to 80 °C.
- 2.8K Temperature Sensor in Glycol-Filled Vial measures the temperature of items inside a refrigerator or freezer. Placing the sensor in a glycol-filled vial provides a reading indicating the temperature of the medical inventory rather than the ambient air temperature. Measures temperature from -20 °F to 176 °F | -28 °C to 80 °C.
- 2.8K Ultra-Low Temperature Sensor in Glycol-Filled Vial for storage temperatures consistently under -20 °C. The glycol-filled vial buffers momentary fluctuations that may trigger an alert, such as defrost cycles, doors opening and fans circulating air. Measures temperatures from -58 °F to 176 °F | -50 °C to 80 °C.
- 2.8K Ultra-Low Temperature Sensor in a Glass Bead-Filled Vial for storage temperatures consistently under -20 °C. The glass bead-filled vial buffers momentary fluctuations that may trigger an alert, such as defrost cycles, doors opening and fans circulating air. Measures temperatures from -121 °F to 176 °F | -85 °C to 80 °C.
- WSG Wireless Temperature Sensor with External Probe works exclusively with the Sensaphone WSG30 wireless monitoring system, and the sensor circuitry includes a built-in radio transmitter. Available in two temperature ranges:
-121° to 115°F | -85° to 57°C or -20° to 115°F | -28° to 46°C.
- WSG Wireless Temperature Sensor in Buffered Bottle works exclusively with the Sensaphone WSG30 wireless monitoring system. Placing the sensor in a vial filled with glass beads or glycol provides a reading indicating the temperature of the medical inventory rather than the ambient air temperature. Measures temperature from -58° to 176°F | -50° to 80°C.
For more information, visit Sensaphone’s monitoring solutions for medical cold storage.
Sensaphone® offers a comprehensive line of remote monitoring products that safeguard valuable assets by tracking critical equipment and environmental data such as temperature, humidity and power failures. Sensaphone products provide alerts and proactive monitoring data to homeowners and facility managers in many areas including telecommunications, oil and gas, water and wastewater, HVACR, agriculture, healthcare, data centers and greenhouses. Nearly 500,000 Sensaphone systems are in use today around the world, and they continue to be manufactured in the USA. For more information, call 877-373-2700, email email@example.com or visit www.sensaphone.com.