- How many inputs does it have?
- Can I customize the voice messages when it calls me?
- What does the Sensaphone say when it makes a call?
- How many telephone numbers can it call?
- Can it call my cell phone?
- How long will it run on batteries?
- Can I call the Sensaphone and get a status report?
- Can it be configured to call-out silently?
- Can I use the internal microphone to listen over the telephone?
- What is the temperature range it can measure/monitor?
- Can I switch devices on and off over the phone?
- Can I program the unit remotely?
How many inputs does it have?The Sensaphone 400 has four inputs, the Sensaphone 800 has eight inputs. All inputs can be used with 2.8K temperature sensors, or any Normally Open/Normally Closed dry contact.
Can I customize the voice messages when it calls me?Yes. The Sensaphone 400 and 800 allows you to record a separate message for each of the zone inputs as well as a system identification message.
What does the Sensaphone say when it makes a call?The system will recite its telephone number followed by the recorded system identification message, then a custom zone alarm message. It will also allow you to listen-in through the microphone to hear what is happening. At the end of the message you will be asked to acknowledge the alarm using a touch tone code.
How many telephone numbers can it call?The Sensaphone 400 can dial up to four telephone numbers when an alarm occurs, the Sensaphone 800 allows for eight telephone numbers. The unit will continue to cycle through the numbers until the alarm is acknowledged or until it reaches the programmed maximum call attempts.
Can it call my cell phone?Yes. The Sensaphone can call home phones, cell phones, office phones, office extensions, etc…
How long will it run on batteries?The Sensaphone 400 and 800 will run for 24 hours on battery power in the event of a power failure. The unit uses 6 size-C alkaline batteries for backup.
Can I call the Sensaphone and get a status report?Yes. You can call the Sensaphone at any time and it will recite a status report of all monitored conditions. You can hear a sample status report by dialing our demo unit at (610)558-4591.
Can it be configured to call-out silently?Yes. You can turn off the speaker so that it will be silent when calling-out for an alarm or if you call-in for a status report.
Can I use the internal microphone to listen over the telephone?Yes. You can call the unit at any time and listen to what’s happening onsite.
What is the temperature range it can measure/monitor?The Sensaphone 400 and 800 can measure temperatures from -20 to 150°F (-30 to 65° C). A variety of temperature sensors are available for almost any application.
Can I switch devices on and off over the phone?Yes. The Sensaphone 400 and 800 have a built-in low voltage relay that can be switched on and off by calling the unit and entering touch tone commands.
Can I program the unit remotely?Yes. There are a number of programming options that can be done over the telephone using touch tones. See the list below:
• Enable and disable sensor inputs
• Set alarm limits
• Program telephone numbers
• Record voice messages
• Switch the output on or off
• Activate the microphone to listen-in