ASTON, Pa., April 14, 2016 – To help customers who are responsible for storing vaccines, pharmaceuticals and other cold medical inventory, Sensaphone offers temperature sensors that carry Traceable Calibration Certificates. These certificates indicate that the sensors are traceable to standards provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), a U.S. Commerce Department agency.
Traceable Calibration Certificates ensure that a laboratory or manufacturer is fully equipped to calibrate equipment to NIST standards and that products offered by that manufacturer match the NIST-maintained measurement criteria. The certification is required for many hospitals, biopharmaceutical companies, research labs, healthcare clinics, blood and tissue banks, pharmacies and other facilities that store medical products and samples.
“Sensaphone’s monitoring solutions with certified sensors are ideal for medical facilities that need to have an audit trail proving that their medical assets were continually stored at the required temperatures,” said Rob Fusco, technical support and service manager at Sensaphone. “Customers in food service, research, manufacturing, processing and storage also benefit from NIST certification.”
Sensaphone Temperature Sensors with NIST Traceable Calibration Certificates:
- WSG Wireless Ultra Low Temperature Sensor in a Glass Bead Vial works exclusively with the Sensaphone WSG30 wireless temperature monitoring system, watches temperatures down to -121 °F / -85 °C and buffers fluctuations that may cause a preliminary alarm, such as defrost cycles, opening of doors and fans circulating air.
- IMS Ultra Low Temperature Sensor connects to the Sensaphone IMS product line and monitors temperatures in refrigerators or freezers low as -121 °F / -85 °C.
- 2.8K Ultra Low Temperature Sensor monitors temperatures down to -121 °F / -85 °C.
- 2.8K Weatherproof Temperature Sensor is a sealed sensor that withstands harsh environments and monitors temperatures away from the Sensaphone unit down to -20 °F / -28 °C.
- 2.8K Temperature Sensor in a Glass Bead Vial buffers momentary fluctuations that may cause a preliminary alarm dial out, such as defrost cycles, opening of doors and fans circulating air and monitors temperature down to -21 °F / -28 °C.
The NIST Traceable Calibration Certificates include the necessary information to meet stringent accreditation demands, including serial number, test points and individual unit's specific test date.
Sensaphone® offers a comprehensive line of remote monitoring products that safeguard valuable assets by tracking critical environmental data such as temperature, humidity and power failures. Sensaphone products provide alerts and proactive monitoring data to homeowners and facility managers in many areas including telecommunications, oil and gas, water and wastewater, HVACR, agriculture, healthcare, data centers and greenhouses. More than 400,000 Sensaphone systems are in use today around the world, and they continue to be manufactured in the USA. For more information, call 877-373-2700, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sensaphone.com.